2nd Amendment Craziness – Nobody Wants To Take Your Guns, We Just Don’t Wanna Die – Episode 9
- Learn what Gun Laws are all about.
- Learn the origins of the 2nd Amendment
- Hear a collection of dumb gun stories
On this week’s episode, Matt and Tony deep dive into some of the craziest and darkest parts of the legal history of the United States. Matt is a recovering Big Law attorney-turned-comedian with a passion for legal history, while Tony has no legal background whatsoever – except for a few minor brushes with the law. Ultimately, it’s Tony’s absurd and funny point of view on laws that will rub Matt the hilarious way.
Learn about how Gun Laws and the 2nd Amendment. Matt & Tony walk listeners through the history of the bill in the United States. They cover some of the more colorful characters related to this time in American History.
Check out these episode highlights
- [04:55] – A review of the 2nd Amendment
- [06:45] – What the amendment means to Tony
- [08:25] – How the movie Blind Date is about sexual assault
- [10:10] – A walk through of the bill history
- [12:20] – National Firearms Act of 1934
- [18:40] – How Tommy Guns drove the creation of the act
- [19:20] – United States vs. Miller
- [23:40] – The rise of the NRA influence
- [26:20] – D.C. vs. Heller 2008
- [32:05] – Gun laws in Australia
- [37:10] – The Battle of Athens
- [40:45] – We have 300 million guns dispersed in the United States
- [42:55] – A collection of dumb gun stories