Blue Laws – The Philadelphia Eagles Save Drinking On Sundays – Episode 8
- Learn what Blue Laws are all about.
- Learn the things you are and are not allowed to do during Sunday Blues.
On this week’s episode, Matt and Tony deep dive into some of the craziest and darkest parts of the legal history of the United States. Matt is a recovering Big Law attorney-turned-comedian with a passion for legal history, while Tony has no legal background whatsoever – except for a few minor brushes with the law. Ultimately, it’s Tony’s absurd and funny point of view on laws that will rub Matt the hilarious way.
Enjoy simultaneously erupting jokes as Matt and Tony offer an organic way of diffusing this week’s topic: Sunday Blue Laws. You will hear all about bizarre offenses from different states around the country.
Check out these episode highlights
- [02:30] – History and overview of Blue Laws
- [07:12] – Blue Laws by state
- [18:27] – Restricted activities during the Lord’s Day
- [24:18] – Appeal to lift the football ban in Philadelphia
- [33:27] – Animals that are illegal to hunt on Sundays
- [38:53] – A man’s appeal on Sunday Shopping Ban to restrict his shopaholic wife
Tweet these out!