Eminent Domain – Distorted View of What the Public Good Is – Episode 3
- Learn how the Fifth Amendment is used for advantages of eminent domain developments
- Learn some of the most maddening eminent domain cases
- Learn why Tony is upset throughout this episode.
On this week’s episode, Matt and Tony dive deep into some of the craziest and dark parts of the legal history of the United States. Matt is a recovering big law attorney turned comedian with a passion for legal history, while Tony has no legal background whatsoever, except for a few minor brushes with the law. Ultimately it’s Tony’s absurd and funny point of view on laws that will rub Matt the hilarious way.
Matt & Tony talk about eminent domain, misusing it for personal gains, the politics behind it and the maddening eminent domain cases.
Check out these episode highlights
- [03:00] – Fifth Amendment – Eminent Domain Clause
- [09:50] – Eminent Domain Law : China, Russia
- [12:00] – Racial and prejudice reasons of eminent domain developments
- [16:10] – Politics of eminent domains
- [20:57] – From previously functioning cities to an urban blight community
- [25:41] – Maddening eminent domain cases
- [35:05] – Shows major takeaways
Tweet these out!