Internship Laws – Episode 60
In your past you may have taken an internship to learn about a particular job or to gain skills in a trade. This internship may have been illegal. On the heels of recent news, Matt and Tony dive into the history of internships and the new criteria used to determine if the role you’re in is illegal. In this episode you’ll learn the criteria for legal and illegal internships and why internships were created for the elite.
- [03:31] – Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
- [05:54] – Walling vs. Portland terminal Co.
- [07:36] – Internship criteria/ legal definitions.
- [14:36] – The Black Swan Movie Set.
- [24:00] – Sacrificing being taken advantage for future gain.
The Takeaway – Know what you’re getting into when you take an internship. Read the law and if you feel like you’re being taken advantage of, say something.
Hollywood Improv Ticket Link: