OJ Revisited – “if” HE DID IT – Episode 19
Matt starts the show by talking about one of the biggest and most publicized court cases of all time, The OJ Simpson trial. They make a few jokes about the recent mini series that aired, his book, and then delve into some interesting facts about OJ, his lawyers and the jury.
- [04:01] – June 12th 1994 the world watched the high speed chase across LA
- [05:38] – OJ assembles a “Dream Team” of lawyers to defend him for allegedly killing his wife
- [09:21] – While being held in jail during his trial he sold his NFL merchandise/trading cards and other items to pay his lawyers
- [15:31] – OJ made 3 million dollars while in prison by signing his memorabilia and selling it
- [16:15] – The OJ jury was sequestered for 8.5 months
- [21:51] – DNA evidence was still new technology that not many understood it. Police mishandled a lot of the blood samples.
- [27:27] – OJ went to Nicole’s funeral and kissed her dead body in the open casket
- [33:31] – OJ did get convicted in the civil trial
- [38:09] – Matt and Tony are doing some live comedy at The Hollywood Improv on March 8th Stay tuned for details!